Many, many things have changed in the last two months, many not directly related to the formation of Healthcare Check-In. This post aims to recount and re-focus what has happened and what will happen in the months ahead, respectively. Since January 13, 2011 when I purchased the URL, I have launched the hciwellness website, written an executive plan, constructed a wireframe, gotten active on Twitter, created a Facebook fan page, and spoken with multiple entrepreneurs, programers and health and wellness experts. I have gone to several meet-ups and have begun the production process with a foray into programming. This is all while working full time at iHire, staying sober and trying to maintain the relationships in my life which give me so much.
I have a clear ability to undermine what I accomplish and I have managed to do that even while actively being a part of the previous paragraph. I think I really... really need to take chill pill and get off of my own back and realize I'm in the midst of creating something great. It may not be considered great by the outside world in the end. Many start-ups fail, but this has always been my dream and I'm able to make it happen. It is important for me to remember, however, that this all comes from a Higher Power. This is me acting on the plan that seems to be laid out in front of me, and I get into problems when I'm trying to follow my own plan.
Ok. That means the plan I wish to lay out will aim to be full of patience, as I believe my Higher Power is patient with me and wishes me to be patient with myself.
Blogging: This is the best product I have at the moment with the app in production/ideation and Twitter and Facebook being met with limited success. Blogging is the best way to move the conversation forward and the best source of credibility for HCI Wellness. I hope to blog at least once a week, every week.
Development: A much harder set of decisions and somewhat at odds with blogging because I only have so much time and do not have anyone to blog for me at this point. I would like to begin developing some type of app in the near future. I think I will patiently complete the online Python class, learning what I can and get familiar with ways to develop for iPhone. This means that my own dev time should not interrupt efforts to meet people and learn from them.
Twitter: I want to get a way from push get to pull. So far I've been using Twitter largely to try and drum up traffic on the site, but I think the thing to do is to use Twitter to communicate with people in the areas in which I am interested, hopefully building relationships and consequently a dedicated following. This means follow every follow within two days and reach out as much as I can.
Facebook: the venue for frequent links and posts. Videos, and fun stuff. I think Facebook is a forgiving venue and I should be paid to work it.
That's it. This is a healthy and full set of ambitions and I do not think adding to it incrementally is in keeping HP's plan. This is enough and that's that.
I have a clear ability to undermine what I accomplish and I have managed to do that even while actively being a part of the previous paragraph. I think I really... really need to take chill pill and get off of my own back and realize I'm in the midst of creating something great. It may not be considered great by the outside world in the end. Many start-ups fail, but this has always been my dream and I'm able to make it happen. It is important for me to remember, however, that this all comes from a Higher Power. This is me acting on the plan that seems to be laid out in front of me, and I get into problems when I'm trying to follow my own plan.
Ok. That means the plan I wish to lay out will aim to be full of patience, as I believe my Higher Power is patient with me and wishes me to be patient with myself.
Blogging: This is the best product I have at the moment with the app in production/ideation and Twitter and Facebook being met with limited success. Blogging is the best way to move the conversation forward and the best source of credibility for HCI Wellness. I hope to blog at least once a week, every week.
Development: A much harder set of decisions and somewhat at odds with blogging because I only have so much time and do not have anyone to blog for me at this point. I would like to begin developing some type of app in the near future. I think I will patiently complete the online Python class, learning what I can and get familiar with ways to develop for iPhone. This means that my own dev time should not interrupt efforts to meet people and learn from them.
Twitter: I want to get a way from push get to pull. So far I've been using Twitter largely to try and drum up traffic on the site, but I think the thing to do is to use Twitter to communicate with people in the areas in which I am interested, hopefully building relationships and consequently a dedicated following. This means follow every follow within two days and reach out as much as I can.
Facebook: the venue for frequent links and posts. Videos, and fun stuff. I think Facebook is a forgiving venue and I should be paid to work it.
That's it. This is a healthy and full set of ambitions and I do not think adding to it incrementally is in keeping HP's plan. This is enough and that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment