Monday, December 13, 2010

Tardiness and Timeliness

In doing work on my roles and how I see them and how I think others see me, it has become clear that my chronic tardiness in certain environments deeply undercuts my confidence in myself and how I think others see me.

I see the damage being late did to how I saw myself in my last employment position. I am not working at the moment, but I am going to put a much higher premium on my timeliness in my personal affairs (friends, girlfriend, meetings, appointments and other commitments). I think one can learn to be on time and I am going to try. I think the single biggest reason I am late to things is my willpower. I try to mentally bend a spoon and get all the things I want before I get to an appointment.

I'm putting a reminder on my calendar to evaluate my on-time performance in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment